We love it when celebrities step up and do something! Female of Style: Zendaya + QVC supports the battle against cancer!
We think it's a great idea to include fashion in the fight against cancer. Shoes has always been a girls BFF. Anything that can draw people out to support a good cause should be done.
Every woman knows how confident a chic pair of shoes can make her feel, but come October, shoes will also have the power to help conquer cancer. This fall, Zendaya is joining forces with QVC Presents "FFANY Shoes on Sale" by appearing in both print and television public service announcements supporting the 23rd annual charitable shoe sale. By embracing both her love of shoes and her desire to stomp out cancer, Zendaya is proving that shopping can truly be good for the sole.
During the annual QVC Presents "FFANY Shoes on Sale" broadcast, a three-hour shopping extravaganza scheduled to air Thursday, October 20 from 6 to 9 PM (ET), shoe lovers will be treated to a selection of over 170 donated styles of shoes from more than 80 brands. In addition to offering shoppers a selection of styles guaranteed to sweep them off their feet, all shoes will be offered at HALF the manufacturer's suggested retail price* with a minimum of 80 percent of the purchase price** benefitting various breast cancer research and education institutions.
"Being a part of QVC Presents "FFANY Shoes on Sale" allows me to share my passion for shoes with my fans while also demonstrating how fun it can be to contribute to such a worthwhile cause." "Each year, we look forward to collaborating with the Fashion Footwear Association of New York and providing our customers with a unique shopping experience that not only celebrates the joy of discovery but also the joy of giving back by standing as one against a disease that affects many," said Mike George, President and CEO, QVC. "It is an honor to have Zendaya's support this year and we have no doubt that her captivating spirit will endear her to viewers across the country."
As part of QVC's ongoing commitment to support charitable causes that promote the success and wellness of women through the power of relationships, QVC Presents "FFANY Shoes on Sale" has generated more than $50 million, to date, for breast cancer research and education institutions.
"For over two decades, we have worked closely with QVC to put a spotlight on the importance of breast cancer research," said Ron Fromm, President and CEO, FFANY. "It is an incredible opportunity to work with Zendaya on this year's campaign, and we feel confident that the funds generated from QVC Presents "FFANY Shoes on Sale" will bring us one step closer to eliminating this horrible disease once and for all."
Beneficiaries for the 2016 QVC Presents "FFANY Shoes on Sale" event include:
- The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania,
- The Breast Cancer Research Foundation,
- The Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,
- The Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute,
- The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center's Breast Oncology Program,
- The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute,
- The Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences,
- The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, and
- The Margie and Robert E. Petersen Breast Cancer Research Program at the John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John's Health Center.
Those wishing to support cutting-edge research at these organizations can go to ffany.org to make contributions and find out ways to join in and be part of this important effort.