The 10 Best People-Pleasing, No-Hassle, Thanksgiving Wines Under $15
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, award-winning wine expert and author Mark Oldman offers his top 10 wines under $15 that best suit this day of feasting.
"People stress about finding the perfect pairing, but it's really just about choosing delicious wines that are versatile enough to match the day's spectrum of flavors and inexpensive enough to serve in ample supply," says Oldman, whose third book How to Drink Like a Billionaire: Mastering Wine with Joie de Vivre (Regan Arts) is aimed at showing people how to drink like the 1% – without spending like one. See the book trailer on YouTube.
These are Oldman's ten time-tested steals that will pair with everything on the Thanksgiving table and are all priced under $15, some even under $10:
Jaume Serra Cristalino Brut Cava (Spain)
- Antinori "Villa Antinori" Tuscana White (Italy)
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Pinot Gris Columbia Valley (Washington State)
- Marqués de Cáceres Verdejo Rueda (Spain)
- Bogle Zinfandel Old Vine (California)
- Caste Rock Pinot Noir Central Coast (California)
- Jean-Luc Colombo Côtes du Rhône Les Abeilles (France)
- Planeta Sicilia La Segreta Red (Italy)
- Viu Manent Carménère Gran Reserva (Chile)
- Yalumba Cabernet Sauvignon South Australia The Y Series (Australia)
Oldman provides hundreds of other top wine picks and alternatives to so-called billionaire wines in his new book How to Drink Like a Billionaire: Mastering Wine with Joie de Vivre. For more top wine picks, order Mark's book on Amazon.
Oldman encourages people to be relaxed about wine, and ignore wine snobs who turn down their noses at wines under $15.
"These Thanksgiving picks are sure to please even the most finicky family member and get you through Turkey Day affordably – and with maximum flavor."